Have you spotted many birds this spring? If you have, send us a picture, because we are officially launching the Ottawa River Watershed Bird Bingo game! Fill out a bingo sheet based on what birds the community has spotted this year, and you could win prizes that we have purchased from some of our favourite local businesses and Ottawa Riverkeeper friends like Beau’s Brewery, Bushtukah, and Nikosi Bistro Pub!
But that’s not all: We need your help to make this game happen! To decide which bird is called next, we want our community to send us their pictures of birds taken this year (don’t worry about the quality of the photo). We’ll share the photo as a call out for that species. So take a look out your window and spot those birds! As always, please make sure that you are not putting yourself in harm’s way and are abiding by physical distancing guidelines in order to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- Follow this link to generate your own bingo card; it will be unique to you!
- As people send us their photos of birds to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will post the photos in our Facebook event and on Twitter.
These photos will act as virtual call-outs. Once a photo of a bird is posted in the Facebook event or on Twitter, then you can cross out the bird on your own bingo card. You cannot fill in your sheet using only the species that you have seen throughout the day.
- Mark your sheets with the birds that have been called. You can see the birds that have been called on this webpage, on our Facebook event or on our Twitter feed.
- Once you complete a line, take a screenshot of your card and send us an email at email@example.com for a chance to win prizes!
- Black-capped chickadee
- Black-crowned night heron
- Wild turkey
- Eastern bluebird
- Pileated woodpecker
- Great egret
- Mourning dove
- Downy woodpecker
- Canada goose
- Eastern screech owl
- Great blue heron
- American robin
- Wood duck
- Northern cardinal
- Common merganser
You must only fill out your sheet according to the photos that we post in the Facebook event and on Twitter.
So, make sure to stay updated by checking our Facebook event and our Twitter feed! Most importantly, keep bringing that same enthusiasm! We look forward to awarding prizes to our winners.
Good luck!< Previous post Next post >