Digital Communications Coordinator
- 12 month contract, full-time (32 – 37.5 hours/week, to be discussed), with possibility of renewal
- Starting salary: approx. 21$/hr
- Benefits program after three months
- Adaptable schedule
- Start date asap
- Preference will be given to candidates eligible for the BioTalent Canada Career Focus Green Jobs grant.
Do you dream of a career where you could use your communications skills to have a big impact in your community? What if creativity was actually a part of your job description? Ottawa Riverkeeper is seeking a creative, curious and self-starting Digital Communications Coordinator to expand and engage with our online audiences. Working with the Communications and Marketing Manager and reporting to the Executive Director, our ideal candidate is digitally savvy, a good writer, curious, a team player, motivated to learn new technologies and skills, and able to leverage data to improve our online reach and effectiveness.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Produce high-quality written and visual content, including creating and curating Ottawa Riverkeeper’s social media posts.
- Manage and update the Ottawa Riverkeeper’s website
- Understand and grow our online audience and engagement, relying on industry-leading practices
- Occasionally producing and/or overseeing communications projects, such as annual reports, promotional materials, and campaign videos
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. communications, design, marketing)
- Bilingual candidates will have a very strong advantage (i.e. ability to create error-free social media posts or blogs in both languages)
- Familiarity with software/digital tools such as Photoshop Express, Canva, and Mailchimp. Graphic design experience with Adobe Suites (Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and Photoshop) would be a definite asset.
- Experience with basic web development, on platforms such as Wix and WordPress. HTML and CSS an asset.
- Solid grasp of social media trends and best practices. Experience managing social media for an organization is an asset.
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to take initiative and bring fresh ideas to the Riverkeeper team
- Ability to work on a tight deadline while still releasing quality content
ABOUT OTTAWA RIVERKEEPER
Ottawa Riverkeeper, a Canadian charity, is a champion and collective voice for the Ottawa River watershed, providing leadership and inspiration to protect, promote and improve its ecological health and future. We work collaboratively using science to guide our actions. Ottawa Riverkeeper is a licensed member of the Waterkeeper Alliance, an international coalition of grassroots water protection organizations.
To apply, please email your C.V. and Cover Letter (indicating whether you qualify for a BioTalent Canada Career Focus Green Jobs grant) with subject line DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR to Patrick Nadeau, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm on AUGUST 12, 2018. Applicants are encouraged to attach or provide links to recent examples of their work (e.g. texts, website and/or graphic design).
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not phone.