We Want To Know
We want to know when untreated
sewage flows into our river
Our River. Our Playground
We eat, drink, swim, fish, and paddle here. Our river connects provinces, communities and ecosystems, is an important part of our history, and is a world-class recreation destination.
We deserve to know when our water isn’t safe and which areas we should avoid at certain times.
Did You Know?
- Untreated sewage often flows into the Ottawa River especially when it rains or when snow melts
- Municipal wastewater is a significant pollution source for the Ottawa River
- Recreational water users rarely know when sewage is being released
- Flashing lights and public notices could be used to tell the public when sewage is being released
- You can read our report on water quality in the river to learn more
Tell your Mayor, you want to know when sewage is being dumped into your river and your playground.
Help us reach our goal of 10,000 messages sent
Ask for Action
3,090 Supporters so far