Digital Communications Officer
Ottawa Riverkeeper is looking for a Digital Communications Officer who can develop creative ways to grow and engage our audiences online. The ideal candidate would develop content in French and English for our social media platforms, website, blog, newsletter and more. They will analyse data from these platforms in order to measure engagement and improve our communications strategies. The Digital Communications Officer will work closely with our Digital Communications Coordinator and report to our Director, Watershed Network.
Start date: ASAP
End date: Friday, December 21, 2019
Deadline to apply: Monday, May 20th, 2019
We encourage candidates to apply as early as possible, applications will be reviewed as they come in.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Create and produce content for our online platforms, including
- Social media platforms
- Data management and analysis
- Other communications tasks, as needed
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field
- Ability to communicate in French and English (oral and written)
- Experience with social media management
- Capable of using analytics to increase the reach and effectiveness of our online campaigns
- Is motivated to learn about new digital technologies and develop skills in this area
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative
- Works well in a team
Our ideal candidate would also have some of the skills listed below:
- Graphic design
- Familiarity with ADOBE software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro)
- Video production
- Experience in web design (WordPress and WIX)
- Experience with MailChimp
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software such as Salesforce
ABOUT OTTAWA RIVERKEEPER
Ottawa Riverkeeper works to protect your rights to swim, drink and fish the Ottawa River and its tributaries. We work collaboratively using science to guide our actions. Ottawa Riverkeeper is a licensed member of the Waterkeeper Alliance, an international coalition of grassroots water protection organizations headed by renowned conservationist Robert Kennedy Jr. There are over 300 Waterkeeper organizations working around the world to defend their local river, lake or bay. We work throughout the Ottawa River watershed, both in Ontario and Québec. Ottawa Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your C.V. and Cover Letter to MJ Proulx, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted the week of May 20th.