Written by Ruth McKlusky
Giving Tuesday celebrates and encourages charitable activities. Whether it’s making a donation, volunteering, or spreading the word, this global day of giving is a movement for people – like you – who want to protect the health of the Ottawa River and give something back.
It takes a watershed to protect a river so we’re calling on you, dear reader, to join the movement and make a difference to the waterfowl, fish, and animals who depend on a clean river for drinkable water.
With Montreal dumping raw sewage in the St. Lawrence River and the upcoming Paris Climate Change Conference, you can make a difference by spreading the word that clean waterways are precious and freshwater protection matters.
What You Can Do
- Donate today to help keep the river swimmable, drinkable, fishable for waterfowl
- Gift the birders and recreational water users in your life with a donation in their name
- Promote Ottawa Riverkeeper’s Giving Tuesday movement on social media by sharing the memes and link below.
What Organizations Can Do
- Endorse our Giving Tuesday movement on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Tell people in your own words why it’s important to keep our rivers swimmable, drinkable, fishable and share the memes and link below.
- Comment below that you are a community builder making a difference in our watershed and we’ll recognize you as an Ottawa Riverkeeper Giving Tuesday ambassador.
Encourage your supporters to give at http://bit.ly/1HAey2D.
2015 Ottawa Riverkeeper Giving Tuesday Ambassadors
- Cassel Brewery
- Gilligallou Bird Store
- Hudson Yacht Club
- Kichesippi Beer
- Reiki Ottawa
- Square Timber Brewing Company
- Trailhead Paddleshack
- Tone Magazine
- Wall Space Gallery
- Wilderness Tours
< Previous post Next post >